1. If a permit is required, this must be arranged in advance of delivery Evergreen Skip Hire in conjunction with your local council. The permit cost will be added to the overall hire cost. The hirer must advise when booking whether the skip is to be located on or off the highway.
2. The maximum hire period is 14 days unless an extended hire period is agreed at initial order. Extensions during the hire period must be agreed with Evergreen Skip Hire and an additional charge may be applied.
3. Only drivers authorised by Evergreen Skip Hire are allowed to move or remove skips belonging to Evergreen Skip Hire. If the hirer is unsure of the legitimacy of a driver that arrives to move or remove a skip unexpectedly for which the hirer has become responsible for then the hirer must contact Evergreen Skip Hire to seek clarification.
4. The hirer is responsible for ensuring appropriate access during delivery and collection of a skip. Return journeys due to inappropriate access may incur a further charge.
5. The skip becomes the responsibility of the hirer following delivery. Any losses or damage to a skip whilst it is in the responsibility of the hirer must be fully reimbursed to Evergreen Skip Hire by the hirer.
6. Evergreen Skip Hire will not be responsible for any person or property damage should the hirer request the delivery driver to take his or her vehicle off the public highway to deliver or position a skip in a location requested by the hirer or its representative(s). Positioning a skip in a location requested by the hirer or its representative(s) other than the public highway will be at the hirers own risk and the hirer will be responsible for any repair costs. The hirer will not seek to recover costs from Evergreen Skip Hire.
7. Fires are not permitted inside a skip. Fire damage caused to a skip will be charged to the hirer.
8. Evergreen Skip Hire reserves the right to refuse to collect a skip that contains restricted items and apply additional hire charges to the overall hire costs should the skip be in situ for longer than the agreed hire period. It is the hirers responsibility to remove any restricted items from a skip.
9. The hirer is responsible for ensuring that the skip is only filled up to the ‘Level Fill’ mark and not above. Evergreen Skip Hire reserves the right to refuse to collect overloaded skips and apply additional hire charges to the overall hire costs should the skip be in situ for longer than the agreed hire period.
10. Should the local authority apply a flytipping penalty charge for items placed on the highway outside of the skip then the hirer will be responsible for this paying the charge not Evergreen Skip Hire.
11. It is the hirers responsibility to request the correct size skip. Additional charges may be applied should the driver have to return with a different size skip other than what was requested.
12. Our skips have a few restrictions that need to be followed otherwise there will be additional charges. This includes:
- Tyres up to 33 inch £10 + VAT
- Truck tyres and large tyres £100 + VAT
- Small fridges £40 + VAT
- Large fridges £60 + VAT
- Asbestos NOT ALLOWED
- Gas canisters NOT ALLOWED
- Mattress £25 + VAT – Only 1 per skip
- Sofa Couches £35 + VAT
- Hazardous waste NOT ALLOWED
- Skips need to be levelled fill otherwise there will be an additional charge of £54 + VAT
- Food Waste NOT ALLOWED
- Only ONE Roll Of Carpet ALLOWED